DePuy Synthes* has introduced DEPUY SYNTHES ADVANTAGE, a suite of provider-focused solutions that are focused on complementing the company’s extensive portfolio of clinically proven products with solutions that assist in driving optimal clinical and economic outcomes while striving to improve patient satisfaction.
The company unveiled the package of solutions at the 15th European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (EFORT) congress, a combined programme in partnership with the British Orthopaedic Association, held in London, UK.
“Health care providers are striving to reduce costs while improving patient care and satisfaction”(1) said Andrew Ekdahl, WW President DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction. “By providing solutions that aim to save time in the operating room, potentially reduce hospital stay or provide real-time analytics that can lead to improved efficiency and patient satisfaction, we strive to create value for the health care system as a whole.”
DEPUY SYNTHES ADVANTAGE offers a suite of flexible solutions to address the unique and evolving needs of customers around the world:
- Reducing length of stay. JOINT PROGRESS®, an integrated patient engagement and management programme, may enable earlier discharge from hospital and faster recovery for patients undergoing treatment by supporting the patient throughout the care pathway.(2)
- Create surgical efficiencies. For example, providers can use the DePuy Synthes Advantage Tracker iPad® Application to collect and analyse time spent on each step in joint replacement procedures to help identify pressure points and inefficient processes. DEPUY SYNTHES ADVANTAGE Programmes will offer a number of solutions to enhance procedural efficiency, such as TRUMATCH® Personalized )
- Empower patients through education. Through the Real Life Tested Programme; providers have access to a variety of educational materials designed for patients to enable shared decision making with joint replacement patients, manage patient expectations of surgery and provide them with an opportunity to share their experiences with other patients who are considering joint replacement.
By complementing the company’s core product offering with value-adding solutions, DePuy Synthes is addressing the challenges faced by health care systems around the world.
About DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest provider of orthopaedic and neurological solutions in the world. Together the companies offer an unparalleled breadth of products, services, programs and research and development capabilities that are designed to advance patient care and deliver clinical and economic value to health care systems throughout the world. DePuy Synthes Companies include eight businesses that focus on joint reconstruction, trauma, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine. For more information visit, www.depuysynthes.com.
*DePuy Synthes is a trading division of DePuy International Ltd.
The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Independent market research funded by DePuy Synthes
- Husted H. Fast-track hip and knee arthroplasty: clinical and organizational aspects. Acta Orth 2012; 83(Suppl 346):1-39.
- Data on file at DePuy, Cat No: 9075-96-000 version 1.