EHTEL is marking its 10th anniversary with a symposium looking back over the last 10 years and inviting participants to join in defining and discussing the “Visions for Person-Centred Health”, to put eHealth in the perspective of health and wellbeing that is needed today.
Wednesday 21 October 2009 10:00–18:00 h Welcome/Anniversary addresses
– EESC, European Commission, Representatives of Sweden (EU-Presidency), The Netherlands etc.
– Keynote: Europe and “A decade of eHealth”
– Transatlantic and global visions for the future
“Reality checks” on eHealth and telemedicine in routine healthcare
– eHealth reimbursement by health insurers
– Recent opinion of the EESC on the EC communication on telemedicine
– eHealth and telemedicine in routine hospital and ambulatory care: feasible and useful?
Panel: “Visions of tomorrow: moving eHealth beyond the ‘e'”
Thursday, 22 October 2009 09:00–14:00h
– EHTEL Annual General Meeting
– EHTEL Meetings on strategies for the future
Venue: EESC, Rue Belliard 99, 1000 Brussels, Belgium